Tenured Son Theatre Co.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS!
Tenured Son Theatre 2018 Season
We are currently seeking full-length plays for our inaugural 2018 season. We have all but one show selected and we're seeking an original play to debut in April 2018. No restrictions on subject matter however we ask that set changes and tech requirements be kept to a minimum. We are looking for great dialogue, excellent character development and a new/unique perspective. Please read the following guidelines before submitting:
1. Play must be new, full-length (preferably 80-120 minutes). One act plays are permitted as long as they meet the preferred time span. Going over or under the preferred time will not exclude your play from consideration. It is merely a suggested length. Collections of short one-acts not accepted. Plays that have been produced in Missouri / Kansas are not accepted. Plays may have received up to two productions outside of Missouri / Kansas. Plays that are produced beyond two times or get produced in Missouri or Kansas after submission will not affect eligibility.
2. No musicals, adaptations or plays specifically meant for children. Also, no one-man shows. We prefer a cast size of 3-10, however a cast of any size as long as its 2+ are welcomed!
3. No restrictions on content matter or themes. You write it and we'll read it!
4. While you may include your name and contact information on your script, no other information is required. No resume, headshot, bio, synopsis is needed and we actually prefer just the script in .pdf or .doc format. Please include brief character breakdown.
5. One submission per playwright please.
6. Deadline to submit is midnight April 30th, 2017. Please email your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org and place "2018 Submission - TITLE OF PLAY" in the subject line and your contact info in the body of the email. Even if this info is provided in your script please provide this information in the email itself.
The winner will be notified no later than August 1st, 2017. The winning play will be produced as part of our inaugural season. We have produced many shows since 2013 but next year will be our first fully scheduled theatre season. The winning playwright will have travel and lodging paid for as well as a cash stipend to attend the opening weekend of their show which will be in Kansas City, MO. Attendance is not mandatory but is preferred as we will also have a talk back during the opening weekend. If a playwright is unable to attend or prefers not to, we will award them the monetary value of travel, lodging and stipend. Please note, in submitting your play you give Tenured Son Theatre the right to produce your play during the month of April in 2018. We do not own any other rights to your play. While we hope to negotiate royalties before the opening of the winning play, royalties at this time are not guaranteed. We are a new theatre offering emerging playwrights the chance to receive a full production of their work and gain further exposure .